Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Warning! A very long post ahead.

We may never come back.  I love Knoxville and all that it entails it but I'm pretty sure they are going to have to kick me out of here.  I'm sitting here watching wave after wave crash to the shore.  The white caps against the aqua ocean for as far as my eyes can see.  And since I am on the 8th floor my eyes can see pretty far! :)  Seagulls are flying by, daddies playing with their kiddos, couples sitting and waiting on the sunset.  It's a pretty magical place.  Sure it isn't perfect...but it seems to have been this trip.  Except for the stoned guy who tried to steal our tent cover.  But that is different story.  

Here's a recap of the past few days.

Anna Kate's first substitute!


The kids excited to tryout the new purchase.


One of the great things about this area is there are so many quaint places to go.  We've enjoyed the Baytowne Wharf.























Anna Kate is loving to take pictures these days.  Of course I am a nervous wreck letting her near my new camera.  But she's doing a pretty good job for a 5 year old!  The camera practically weighs half of her body weight so she has a hard time keeping it straight.  Anyway, the next two are her photos:




Lots and lots of beach time.  David is a big believer that you don't drive 600 miles to be at the beach and then just hang out by the pool! :)




(With the matching hats/life-jackets several people have asked me if the boys are twins.)  This boat has been a huge hit.


David working on that stack of books.  
But it's not a honest portrayal.  I'm the one who has read more than anyone.  And there is only one reason why.  My husband has been serving his socks off.  Everyday after we go to the ocean he takes the kids up for naps and lets me stay and enjoy the beach.  We're talking drags the kids (& 50 pounds of gear) up to the condo.  Strips off sandy beach clothes.  Showers everyone.  Dresses everyone and puts them down for naps.  Meanwhile I am sitting on the beach in peace and quiet.  He does this every year when we go on vacation.  It's priceless.  And it might just have something to do with why I never want to leave here.


Waiting for the sunset.






Life will be back to reality before I know it.  Back to Cheerios instead of Lucky Charms.  Back to rising early.  Back to school in the laundry room.  Back to the daily grind.  And truth be told I love our reality.  I know everyday can't be "a day at the beach."  But that's why I am loving these few that are!



2 comments:

Allyson said...

I'm so glad you're having so much fun! Wow, can Dave teach Ryan to do that on vacations? That sounds HEAVENLY!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.